The Talented Ones: Brian Donnelly aka KAWS

image www.toysrevil.blogspot.com
I have to get this off my chest! It all began yesterday when i saw a post on Andy’s toysrevil blog, www.toysrevil.blogspot.com and there I saw these new dissected apes! Oh Man! The newest Kaws and Bape collaboration, these cute and gruesome but somehow these yougottagetoneassoonyouseeit somehow cast me in a trance(Don’t bother to ask me how) but the more I look at them the more my heart itches..so....i have a quick read thru and I noticed Toyqube selling them! Yes! Gotta get me one of these and somehow I end up on the toyqube website:

image 3 lovely dissected apes for your grabbing!

and......

I somehow ended up here

image

WOaaah! i will leave you guys to guess what i did next :)

so, this brings me to why I started this post..

Brian Donnelly or better known as KAWS is someone who inspired us(Jorge and me) way back. He makes the impossible possible and he’s now one of the most influential person in the world. Dreams do happen if you stay fire and never give up on it!

Going from bus stop to phone booth advertisements and subversting imagery. These reworked advertisements became a hit and became increasingly sought afterranging from Bape, Comme des Garcons, Vans and many more. Later KAWS start to design and produced very limited toys which became a hit through out the world. He has reworked on many famous cartoon and movie characters from Disney, Starwars and The Michelin Man! He also started his own brand OriginalFake which collaborated with many famous brands as well!

kaws1 KAWS working on his very first bus stop

image

The man KAWS himself( source: www.hypebeast.com)

and his clones(heads that is)

image

KAWS toys gallore! (source: www.hypebeast.com, www.trendland.net, www.supertouchart.com)

UNDERCOVER Bear

image

kAWS no future companion

image

BxH KAWS SKull-kun

image

The Michelin man

image

A series of KAWS toys

image

and now for the art!

KAWS art

image

The Kimpsons

image

image

The Kurfs

image

Art by KAWS

image

image

source: www.hypebeast.com, www.laundrymat.tv, www.freshnessmag.com)

 

Drop by www.kawsone.com to learn more about him

 

Oh yea, let’s not forget that famous ‘KAWS passing through’ giant statue as well.

Cheers!

No comments: